Roger Chown has lived in Barrie and practiced law here since 1994. He was raised in St. Catharines. Before his law school days, Roger trained and worked as an engineer and lived for several years in Kincardine before heading to Windsor for law school. After law school, he worked and lived in Toronto for three years. He developed an allergy to Toronto traffic and had to move to a more civilized location. Roger joined Carroll Heyd Chown LLP in 1994 and entered the partnership in 2000.
Roger’s practice is restricted to civil litigation, with a large focus on insurance-related litigation. He represents the interests of insurers, businesses and individuals in diverse claims including injury, property and products liability claims, as well as subrogated claims and business disputes.
Roger is married and has two children now in university. When his kids were younger, he coached community hockey for many years. He continues to play hockey himself and is known for dogged determination on the ice, but cement hands with the puck. He owns a well-loved dog named Ollie.
- The Advocates Society
- Co-chair, Personal Injury and Insurance Practice Group 2013-
- Director, 2008-2011
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Simcoe County Law Association
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Ontario Society of Engineers
- Insurance Institute of Ontario (Georgian Bay Chapter Councillor, 2004-2010)
- Queen’s University at Kingston, B.Sc. (Mech.Eng.), 1985
- Licenced as Professional Engineer: 1988
- University of Windsor Law School, LL.B., 1991
- Called to the Ontario Bar: 1993
Roger’s Recent Articles
Bold just seems
right to us.
We never lose sight
of the big picture.
We dig deep.
Preparation Wins Cases.
Call us if you've stepped in it.
We can handle the truth.
Where there's a will,
there's a way.