Patricia joined Carroll Heyd Chown LLP in 2016 after completing her articles at a prominent full-service firm in Toronto with a large insurance defence litigation department. Patricia practices civil litigation with a focus on insurance-related litigation including, but not limited to, motor vehicle accidents, product liability, fire loss, coverage opinions, and professional negligence. She has assisted clients in matters before the Ontario Small Claims Court, Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
Patricia was raised in Markham, prior to embarking on educational and professional adventures which took her to Antigonish, NS and London, ON. Before moving to Kingston, ON to pursue her law degree she taught at the post-secondary and secondary levels. She continued to teach at the secondary level while in law school where she was involved with the Queen’s Law Journal, Pro Bono Students Canada, the Happyness Project, the student ambassador program and Queen’s Law’s rugby team – The Tortfeasors.
Patricia sits on the Board of Directors of Knight’s Cabin Cancer Retreats, holding the office of Secretary, and also chairs the Board Governance and Organizational Excellence Committee.
Patricia is parent to a much-loved dog named Rochester and enjoys Crossfit, tea, Settlers of Catan, rugby, reading, and spending time with family and friends.
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Ontario Bar Association
- Simcoe County Law Association
- Toronto Lawyers’ Association
- Young Women in Law
- Ontario College of Teachers
- Bachelor of Arts with First Class Honours (English; subsidiary in History), St. Francis Xavier University, 2007
- Master of Arts (English), The University of Western Ontario, 2008
- Bachelor of Education (I/S English and History), The University of Western Ontario, 2009
- Juris Doctor, Queen’s University, 2015
- Called to the Ontario Bar: 2016
Bold just seems
right to us.
We never lose sight
of the big picture.
We dig deep.
Preparation Wins Cases.
Call us if you've stepped in it.
We can handle the truth.
Where there's a will,
there's a way.